The Breville BJS600XL Masticating Slow Juicer is perfect for easily fitting onto a countertop. This makes it a great choice for anyone who has limited space in the kitchen, yet still wants the benefits of juicing. Because the Breville juice fountain plus is a masticating juicer, it will of course provide heat and foam free juice. It also means that it will take longer than a centrifugal juicer to extract juice from your produce.
The Breville masticating juicer is efficient and will extract the maximum amount of juice from your produce, leaving behind a pulp that is much drier than that produced by a centrifugal juicer. This process is facilitated by a high powered motor that operates with slow revs.
The Breville juicer is also excellent for juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass as well as all types of hard and soft produce and again, the slow revving high powered motor ensures a high juice yield.
The Breville masticating juicer operates quietly too which is another advantage, especially if you prefer a peaceful start to the day. It is also easy to use and clean up afterwards.
Features of the Breville Juice bjs600xl
- Design – Upright and designed for home use with a footprint that makes it ideal for countertop use
- Footprint – 8 ½ x7 ½ x 16 inches
- Type – Masticating slow juicer with a single auger for slow crushing and juice extraction. A masticating juicer will typically produce limited heat and foam in the juice.
- Motor – is a powerful 24 watts. This provides slow juice extraction under high power so that heat that is produced from fast moving parts is non-existent. Please note, if you need juice produced in a hurry, the Breville masticating juicer may be too slow for you.
- Juice Yield – the slow extraction process ensures that the maximum amount of juice is produced, including that from soft fruits and vegetables as well as leafy greens.
- Pulp – tends to be dry, signaling that high levels of juice has been extracted from the produce
- Controls – there are three, being ‘On’, ‘Off’ and ‘Reverse’. The reverse direction control can assist in moving produce that has become ‘clogged’ in the augur, backwards, thereby releasing it.
- Safety – There are two parts to this. The first is that all the parts of the juicer need to be assembled correctly and the second is that the lid must be correctly locked into place before the juicer will start.
- Cleaning – there is an auto cleaning system in place so cleaning between batches of produce can be effected. Simply pour approximately two cups of water into the feed chute while the juicer is running, to flush it out. Make sure you have a suitable receptacle underneath to catch the water.
Make sure you cut fibrous produce such as celery and beets, quite small so as to avoid clogging in the pulp dispenser.
What is included?
- 1 x Pulp container
- 1 x Feed chute
- Food hopper and lid
- 1 x Juicing bowl
- Measures: 8.6 x 7.4 x 16.3 inches
- Weighs: 14 pounds
- Item No: BJS600XL
- Warranty: 1year Limited Warranty
What do People Like About the Breville BJS600XL?
- Excellent for juicing leafy greens
- Is easy to clean, even though there are a few parts to deal with
- Runs quietly
- Less pulp is wasted
- Very easy to use
- Has a better juice yield than a centrifugal juicer
- Easy to assemble
What were the negative comments?
- Replacement parts can be expensive
- Need to chop produce into fairly small pieces
Summary of Reviews from Customers
Customers that have left reviews for the Breville BJS600XL gave it a rating from good to excellent. Things they like about it include its ability to effectively juice leafy greens, durability, simple operation, quietness, excellent juice yield and dry pulp.
Some reviewers who were accustomed to the speed and lack of pulp of a centrifugal juicer found it difficult to accommodate to a masticating juicer however the majority of customers were very happy with the Breville masticating juicer.
Customers were impressed with the performance and functionality of the Breville juicer and rated it accordingly. It should be noted though, that a masticating juicer may not suit those who need their juice in a hurry. If you prefer a slower, quieter, more thorough method of juicing with a resultant higher juice yield, then the Breville BJS600xl is for you. You can read more about the BJS600xl at the best juice machine.